Monday, October 22, 2012

1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
This work has a lot of positive and negative space.  The balance between what was cut out and what was left on was equal.  It looks like the fish is swimming deeper and deeper into the water. 

  
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
The texture made the animal come alive and and pop out at you which makes it easier to see.  This is important because if it didn't it would look very plain.

3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
I used the positive and negative space very effectively because I made it so the water would be a background and the fish and seaweed would be the foreground.

4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
This project was clean and quick to do.  All you had to do was cut out areas on a lino cut and then put ink on it and put it on paper.  

5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
Yes because I made the fish the foreground, the seaweed the middle ground, and the water is the background.

6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
This is the first time I've ever done this project and it was fun.  My obstacles were picking out what animal to do because I the few I chose I really liked.  Some advantages were I am a neat person which helped make this project easier.

1 comment:

  1. I like the colors you chose for your final prints and i also like the texture in the fish and in the plants but you could have added a little more to the background but overall very nice.

    ReplyDelete